Saturday, February 1, 2014

VSC: Red, White & Pink!

Hello, my lovelies!!!

I can't believe February is already here!!! Wow, the year is racing by right before our eyes--insane!  Anyway, that also means that a new challenge begins at V's Sweet Ideas.  The theme? *grin* Red, white and PINK!!! *grinning from ear to ear*  Any romantic will understand me very well... HA! (;   This month's sponsor is the very generous Bugaboo stamps.  A BIG thank-you for your generosity and support, friends at Bugaboo!! :D

Since my schedule has quickly gotten quite hectic in the last two weeks, I decided to make a quick, clean & simple card.  They are the most sophisticated anyway... (;  Here it is...



I cut a wide strip of red card stock (by Kate's Paperie) and drew white faux stitches along the edges.  I mounted that using foam squares and then I began to assemble the rest of the elements on it.  I took hold of some old Martha Stewart stickers I've been hoarding and made it one of the focal points on the card. I rounded the right hand corners of the card.  Then, I used the "big hugs" sentiment from the Hero Arts stamp set "XO" and heat embossed it in white.  I cut out the strip of pink card stock (Recollections) and cut one of the ends at an angle.  Added a few sweet dots by V's Sweet Ideas and voilà, the card was done!  Really loving the outcome.  It's not busy with patterns and not crowded by too many different colors.  iLOVE me those CAS cards... (;

Anyway, hope you are inspired to get crafty today by joining us this month at V's Sweet Challenge and playing along.  Don't forget to swing by the blog to check out what the other DT girls have come up with... You'll surely be delighted! (;  Thanks for stopping by today... Wishing you a delightful Sabbath and weekend!  XOXO

Love,
Gri

1 comment:

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Grisel! I love the color combo and your scalloped circle and flower are so charming!