Friday, May 31, 2013

SACC: Owl Tree

Whoa!

I know... it's been too, too long since I've been on the blog!!!  Please, forgive me!!! )':  Last week was SO insanely crazy around here, I didn't even get to post last week's challenge, even though, I did submit my card for the challenge at the Sister Act Card Challenge blog (click here if you'd like to see it).

This week, I used a nostalgic and serene image called "Owl Tree" by one of our sponsors this week--Wings & Willows.  They design such beautiful images... You must check out the rest of their darling work!

Our other sponsor this week is Digi Darla, and they, too, have very cute images!  Below, please find both badges for this week's sponsors:






And here is the card I created:


I colored in the image using my Inktense pencils, but without adding water to mix the colors.  I wanted this scene to look more like a sketch, in hopes that it would aid the nostalgic look I was going for.  My original plan was to make it sketchy with just lead pencil (my brother's an artist, so he owns a lot of these), but then my heart begged me to use color pencils instead... and I'm glad I did! Everything is just better when you add color! (;   I used tumbled glass distress ink to color in the sky and added depth by sponging the edges of the card with the same distress ink.  To give the card the appearance of a more finished look, I cut two thin strips of textured red card stock and glued each at both ends of this little scene.  I also added glossy accents to the engraved heart on the tree for some dimension.  I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment using VersaFine ink (LOVE how crisp and sharp this ink is!), and then rounded all four corners of the card using my corner chomper--et voilà! (:

Looking forward to seeing you also play along with us this week!  Be sure to swing by the blog to check out what the rest of my DT friends have created--pure gorgeousness!!! (:

I hope you're all doing well.  I did get to write back to some of you, but unfortunately have not gotten a chance to respond to everyone yet... I'm working on it! (;  Anyway, my heart is overwhelmed with excitement--dying to share my good news, but it's still not the time just yet... (;  Perhaps next week or the week after... we'll just have to see! *grin*

Thank you all SO much for stopping by today.  You already know just how much I LOVE it when my crafty friends stop by and say hello (:  Hoping you have a wonderful weekend... and I'm hoping to be able to pop in to "see" you more often!  GOD's best to you all!  XOXOXO

Love,

Grisel

8 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

Oh this tree scene has me thinking that LOVE is in the air!
Still excited to here your news:)

Leslie Germain said...

Hello Friend. Love the softness to this adorable card. Just great how the red and the blue help make the colors in the picture pop. WOW!!

TenSGal said...

Gorgeous card! Love the color and I love the sketchy look of this! Perfect!!!
I bought some Inktense pencils, too...but they are still in the shrink wrap...taking the wrap off is on my to-do list! LOL!!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Susan

Cathy P said...

Love the softness of your coloring.

Karrie said...

So cute - I love the owl tree!! Great scene you created too - great hill!! :)

Unknown said...

SO great!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the coloring and can't wait to see what the news is... totally in suspense here!

Kim said...

Such a beautiful creation!
Hugs Kim