Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Simple {[LOVE]} day card...

Hello, my crafty friends!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.  I'm feeling very relaxed and rested as I was able to sleep in this morning and I won't be going to work until another hour and a half--yeay! (:  This is the reason why I was able to squeeze in a post today to share a super simple and easy Valentine's Day card, which can also be used all year round, since it doesn't have a sentiment... (:

I used sticky back canvas as a "panel" to place the stickers/images on... I ended up buying a pack of 40 sticky back canvas for only $.49 cents at Michaels the other day (they had an AWESOME clearance sale)!   I had been checking those out for a while, but never dare buy them, because I've set a goal for myself to not buy anything that I can't think of at least ONE project I can do with it.  However, the other day, I saw Vicky Papaiannou create a gorgeous card using sticky back canvas in a very creative way, and I was sold on the decision to finally get it for myself!  I am thrilled!!  I have already created a couple of cards with sticky back canvas and the ideas just keep on flowing (wait 'til I get my hands on that Paper Smooches "I Heart Art" stamp set!)... (;

Anyhow, today's card is very easy to re-create, as it solely requires adhering everything onto a card-base (no stamping or cutting involved).  All stickers are from Martha Stewart (those have been my favorite stickers ever!), and I also used a "musical notes" washi tape.   My sweet friend, Laura Jane says the way I stick those washi tapes at the corners of my focal images has become one of my unique styles.  I hadn't noticed it until she pointed it out, and I think I'll agree with her on that one... (:

Anyway, without further ado, here's my card... (I already have another idea of how to re-do or CASE this card.  I'll need to share that with you in the near future.)



Thank you, all SO much for visiting me here on the blog today.  I hope you'll join me again on Sunday for a special announcement... (;  Have a blessed and crafty day, my lovelies! Xoxo

Love,

Grisel

4 comments:

Laura Jane said...

FABULOUS LOVE birds...GREAT score on the sticky backed canvas!! I LOVE a good sale:) Thanks for the mention too...funny how you had not noticed that element in your cards..you were the one that got me to try washi at the corners...I'm a washi fanatic now..LOVE the pop of color it gives.
Have a GREAt day!

lenny said...

Wohooo!! Stunning new blog design!! Really awesome!!!
And...a beautiful romantic card!!
That sticky back canvas seems GREAT!! I agree with Laura Jane: the washi tape in the corners is ... defin. your style!! :)
Can't wait to see a new "sticky back canvas" project!!

Judy said...

Hi Grisel,

Totally adorable blog, and just absolutely precious card designs. Just thought I'd stop by and say hello, and let you know I'm a follower.

xo
Judy

alexandra s.m. said...

it's absolutely perfect Grisel!
TFS~