Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pinspired Challenge #3

Hello, my crafty friends!!

I'm here to share a card I made for the current challenge at Pinspired Challenges: Challenge #3.  I can't tell you enough how much I really like this color combination, because obviously we all know I'm such a romantic... [sigh]  Anyway, the deadline for this challenge is tomorrow at 11:59 PM, so I knew I had to work quickly w/this one.  Lucky for me, after a day filled with activities, fun and quite the scare (a lost paycheck in the street), I finally arrived home to a pleasant surprise that my Simon Says Stamp order finally arrived (Thanks, Lenny for the e-gift card!!! XOXO).  In it?  That lovely, girly, "Like Your Style" stamp set that I fell in love with when I saw my bloggie friend, Vicky make several cards with it this month.  I can't believe I now own this set!!! *smitten*   Sooooo, that means I had no choice but to start playing right away tonight with my new stamp set!!!  And I must also say, GOD is beyond good and life is pretty darn good at the moment!!! (;

Without further ado, here's the challenge photo inspiration board along with my card:




This card is pretty easy to re-create, but can be a little time-consuming with all the fussy cutting of the banners, which were part of a pattern paper page (My Mind's Eye).  I thought they composed the perfect sentiments to address a girly girl... (:  I also did quite a bit of heat embossing (both in red and white) and a little bit of paper piecing (dress).  Since lately I'm obsessed with doilies, I thought I'd throw one in there, as well as a teeny tiny clothes-pin to give this girly card a more shabby chic look.

I am also submitting this card to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #68:  Anything Goes.

Inspired?  Or should I say, Pinspired??  Then jump in and join the fun over at Pinspired Challenges!!  Thanks for stopping by, dolls!  Have a lovely evening (or morning, depending on where you are in the world)!  Many blessings from up Above!  Xoxo

Love,
Grisel



6 comments:

TenSGal said...

That is just so wonderful! I love it!!! and what a great challenge. I'd love to participate in it...but my grandkids are here for a few days and so I put all of my crafting stuff out of little toddler reach! :) Will get back to crafting by Sunday, I hope! Anyway, this is just the cutest card! Well done, Grisel!

Lalo said...

LOVE THIS A LOT!!! SO awesome how you were inspired by the pin and you had such AWESOMELY nice things to say about the challenge. Thank-you for not only playing but sharing how you were inspired!!! Sounds like you had an awesome day too... minus the paycheck scare that is.

{Chrissie} said...

Wow, this is FANTASTIC! So glad to see you participating in this challenge - your projects are so inspiring!

:)

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Grisel! I LOVE your sweet card, and am SUPER excited that you decided to stop by and play along in our challenge this week. I am enjoying being part of V's Sweet Ideas DT with you, and really hope we can show the rest of the crafting community how AWESOME V's Sweet Ideas Shop is, and what darling products they have! Vanessa has an AWESOME shop.

Thanks for sharing this darling card with us, and I really hope you will continue to play along in our challenges. Have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Jen McD said...

This is sooooooo pretty, Grisel! I love all of the delicate, feminine touches. Just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Pinspired Challenges!!

TenSGal said...

I gave you a shout out on my blog today for this cute card! Happy Weekend!
I finally used my stamp set and made one...mine is similar to that cute one Vicky made with the dresses. :)
Such wonderful inspiration from all of you!!!

Susan