Monday, December 24, 2012

Joyful Greetings!

Merry Christmas--again!!! (:

So, I happen to have time to share yet another card I created for that custom order of Christmas cards for my friend, Luisa.

I LOVE the color combination on this one...  pink, red, green and a hint of soft blue (:  Swoon by the soft feel of it.  Plus, this was such an easy card to make.  Literally, 10 minutes to complete.  I added some embossed lines along the sides of the card base, which I created w/my Martha Stewart scoring board.  Once I tried this technique, I was hooked on it for good!  The first card I created using this technique (click here to see it), won me a spot as Guest Designer at Paper Smooches! (:  I was overwhelmed by all the positive and encouraging feedback I received from everyone for that simple card.  But really, it's a fun and super easy technique that anyone can rock!!! :D

Anyway, this time, I opted for vertical lines, rather than at the top and bottom of the card (like the other one), and I am smitten with the result!  Ah, yes... the washi tape is also from Martha Stewart, which I got for $2 bucks at Michaels a couple of weeks ago--AWESOME deal for four FAB colors of Martha Stewart washi tape!  Seriously, you can't beat that! :D  And I also used scraps of pattern paper from Echo Park "Jolly Christmas" 6x6 paper pad to make it look like washi.

And now, without further ado, here's my card.  Hope you like it as much as I do!!


Have an amazing Christmas, my lovely readers!!!!!  God bless you abundantly more than you ask or imagine!!! Xoxo

Love,

Grisel

3 comments:

TenSGal said...

Wonderful card, Grisel! So very pretty and full of good cheer!
Wishing you the merriest of Christmases, my new friend!
And thanks for stopping by my blog...if you want to know the dimension for those little boxes let meknow. They are so easy....just cut and score and snip and glue! :)

Hugs!
Susan

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute!!! Merry Christmas, dearie!!!

LauraJane:) said...

I LOVE, LOVE this card as well as the first one that won you the spot..So simple yet GREAT effect!
The colors popping and the scored lines work so well with the JOYFUL greeting!
I had to pin it...[http://pinterest.com/pin/76350156154725920/]