Monday, October 1, 2012

V's Sweet Idea's October Challenge: Embossing!!!

Welcome back, my beautiful friends!

October is finally here!!!  It's most likely one of my favorite months, because just its name makes me imagine a beautiful Autumn scene... (:  October also means it's time for a new challenge over at V's Sweet Challenge and I couldn't be more excited about this one!!!! :D  First of all, the challenge is to  use the embossing technique anywhere on your project--one of my most favorite techniques!!!  Second--and get ready for this one--the sponsor happens to be the one and only, LAWN FAWN!!!!!!! :D  This means that the winner of this month's challenge will receive a Lawn Fawn stamp set.  Thank you, Kelly Marie and the Lawn Fawn team for your incredible generosity and support!!!!!


And as if that wasn't enough--in addition, the amazing Vanessa Vergara, owner of V's Sweet Ideas, is also giving away a $5 gift certificate to the winner who has used a Lawn Fawn stamp!!! (However, using a Lawn Fawn image is not required to play along in this challenge.)  Now, if that isn't SWEET, I don't know what is!!! :D  And could Vanessa BE more generous?!!! :D :D :D  She's just a true expression of sweetness... (: 

Here's the card I created for the October challenge:


I used Lawn Fawn's "Flying By" and "Sunny Skies" stamp sets.  I heat embossed all the images that you see here, including the sentiment.  The paper airplanes were paper pieced using Lawn Fawn's "Chevrons" from their "Bright Side" petite paper pack. The clouds background pattern paper is from Echo Park as well as the paper pieced happy sun... (:  To finish off the card, I wrapped May Arts natural rustic twine around the card (which I am in LOVE with and which also you can purchase at V's Sweet Ideas online shop!!!).  Then, I tied a double bow with the same twine and added an orange flower button to the center of the bow for a pop of color.

Wait 'til you see the cards that the other DT girls have created--SUPER sweet and adorable!!!  So take a lil hop over to V's Sweet Challenge blog, and come play along with us this month also!!!! :D

Looking forward to seeing you all back here again, next time!!  Have a blessed and crafty day!  See you all soon! (; Xoxo

Love,

Gri

1 comment:

Shaela said...

This is darling! Love the sweet, CAS design :)