Monday, October 1, 2012

A Masculine Birthday Card! (:

How have my beautiful crafty friends been?!

Today, I am sharing a card I made for and already mailed out to my male best friend, Milton.  Today is his birthday, so I want to wish him a happy birthday!!!  Happy Birthday, Milton!!!  

This time it's a fancy masculine card!  heehee (:  I heat embossed the white sentiment onto vellum paper.  The woodgrain background is from Hero Arts (in love with it!) and I inked it up using distress ink in "faded jeans".  Then, I sprayed some perfect pearls mist onto the inked background stamp... This left a gorgeous, shimmery impression on the white card stock!!!  It doesn't exactly show on the picture, but in person it is quite beautiful! (Ask Milton - HA!)  I mounted the background panel onto a shimmery navy blue card stock by Bazzill.  I also used the same navy blue card stock to mount the sentiment on vellum (the vellum adhesive isn't supposed to show through, but for whatever reason it did).  I also clear heat embossed the tie (from Lawn Fawn's "Dad's Day"), and to make it pop and match with the rest of the white theme, I used a white gel pen to outline the stripes on the tie.  To finish off the card, I added pearls in varying sizes, which I think gave the card a classy finishing touch (:

Here's a look at the card:


Hope you all enjoyed this card, and perhaps I have inspired you to get crafty today!  Have an amazing and blessed day!!!  See you again soon with more FUN surprises!!! Xoxo

Love,

Gri

1 comment:

Milton Gonzalez said...

Thank you once again for the card and for the birthday wishes. I love the blue and grey combination! I appreciate the fact that the card is masculine, yet it isn't boring or dull--it's definitely fun and creative. Kudos to you for such an achievement... ;0)