Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gobble, Gobble!

Hello, my crafty friends! (:

Today I'd like to share a card I am submitting to an Autumn theme challenge over at Young Crafters Unite.  The challenge consists of using warm and cozy colors, such as yellows, oranges, reds, browns and neutrals, like kraft.   See the challenge badge and my card below...





To make this fun turkey, I die cut two circles (from Spellbinders) and printed out several digi feather  images from Paper Smooches.  I was playing around with both my Copic markers and a green Marvy Uchida marker... I'm sure you can tell which one's the Marvy Uchida by the obvious not-so-smooth coloring of that one feather - HA! (:  Anyways, I wanted to stay away from more of the "Happy Thanksgiving", "Autumn Blessings" that I've already stamped out so much, therefore I opted to create my own "Gobble, Gobble!" sentiment with the use of my Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC's stamp set... Added glitter glue, as well as Martha Stewart glitter (in copper) to the turkey's body, beak and feathers... Then, tah-dah! Finito! (;

Hope you guys get a chance to play along in this challenge, too!  'Til next time!!  Have a blessed and crafty day! (; Xoxo

Love,

Gri

1 comment:

Marie said...

Such a cute turkey! Thanks for joining our YCU challenge =)