Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Take It Easy!

Hello again!

Here to share yet another card with you all.  For this one, I used two Lawn Fawn stamp sets: "dad's day" and "critters in the 'burbs".  I also tried out a new technique I recently learned: how to paper piece a solid stamp image--in this case the armchair.  If you'd like to learn this fun technique, you need to check out this video ⟶ here!

The newspaper, I created myself.  First, I directly inked up a piece of regular notebook paper using Distress ink in "Antique Linen".  Then, using a "LOVE + text" rubber stamp (from the $1 bin at Michaels) and inking it up w/VersaFine ink in "onyx black" (in love w/this ink by the way!), I pressed the stamp against the inked notebook paper.  I cut out a small rectangular piece, rolled it up and adhered the middle portion at the end with a mini glue dot.  Then, I tied a knot with Lawn Fawn's natural hemp cord.  I had an extra "xoxo" embossed heart and decided to use it as a décor pillow for the armchair.  I added some black enamel to pop up the eyes on the cute lil dog, colored some of the dog and added some shades to some areas w/the use of my copics and Memento markers.  I adhered the newspaper w/glossy accents and finished the card off by adding some glitter glue to the dog's pendant.  It's a clean and simple look and I LOVE it!!!   I'm sure it won't fail to cheer up the person who receives it! (:

Credits to the photographer:  Carlos Mieses

I am also submitting this card to this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: No Rules!!! It just doesn't get any more FUN than this!!!!  Plus, the winner gets a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp online store!!! Woohoo!! Hope you play along, too!!! (;



Hope you're all having a fabulous day!!  See you all next time!! Happy crafting and many blessings!!! xoxo

Love,

Gri

6 comments:

Migdalia said...

Super Cute!Lovely image!!Cute doggie!

Pat said...

So cute! Love the newspaper, too! :)

V's Sweet Ideas said...

What an awesome card! Love the newspaper! And great job on the armchair <3 <3

Anonymous said...

This card is beyond adorable! The heart cushion went perfect with that armchair. The dog is super cute, too. I love the newspaper...that was soooo clever!!!!!!!

Marijke said...

this is so cute, love it

Dan said...

Such a cute card! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!