Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, Lydia!

Thanks for joining me back, my beautiful friends!

I am SO excited to share another card with you today, which has already been mailed out and received... (;  It's my good friend, Lydia's birthday today!!!  YEAY!!!  I'm sending her warm birthday wishes all the way to Puerto Rico!!!  Happy Birthday, Lydia!!! *hugs* (:

I created this card using Lawn Fawn's "You've Got Mail" set, as well as a sunflower clear stamp from studio-g that I got for .24 ¢ at a thrift shop in Michigan last year!  I colored the sunflower using two different tones of orange and yellow Marvy Uchida markers, as well as some distress ink in "Antique Linen".  I softly colored the edges of the postcard also with the "Antique Linen" distress ink.  I used one of the hearts from LF's "Making Frosty Friends" set and stamped it a few times inside the postal stamp (also in "Antique Linen").  I then stamped the same heart again, but this time colored it in with a red marker and then filled the spaces with red glitter glue.  The stamped leaves are from a Thanksgiving set by Fiskars and I also used two different shades of green ink.  Once I cut out the pieces, I inked the edges of each leaf with "Vintage Photo" distress ink.  To add a bit more interest to the card, I drew stitches with my white gel pen from Sakura.  The polka dot pattern paper is from an  Echo Park 6x6 designer paper pad and the sheer orange ribbon I got a while ago from the $1 bin at Michaels.  To finish off the card, I added some rhinestones to the center of the sunflower and.... voilá--finito!  This card reminds me of a couple of gorgeous scenes from the movie "Under The Tuscan Sun" - pure sunshine and vintage beauty all in one!!! (:  


I am also submitting this card to this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: No Rules!!! It just doesn't get any more FUN than this!!!!  Plus, the winner gets a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp online store!!! Woohoo!! Hope you play along, too!!! (;

I hope you all enjoyed this card as much as both Lydia and I did!!! (;   As always, I look forward to reading your lovely comments and feedback!!! :D  Wishing you all a delightful Sabbath and a wonderful weekend ahead!!!  Join me again soon!!!  xoxo

Love,

Gri

2 comments:

May said...

Gorgeous card.. love the bright summer colours! Great design & detail.... I will post pics of daughters wedding soon... Thank you for your sweet comments... Hugs May x x x

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card! Love the postcard stamp! And what a great bargain on the ribbon! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra