Monday, May 28, 2012

Two challenges for the 2nd time - Happy Birthday!

Hope you are all enjoying a funtabulous Memorial Day long weekend!  I've had an awesome one, surrounded by some of my favorite people in the world!!! (:

Here's a simple and easy card I made today using my cousin, Carlos' crafting goodies.  I've been staying over his place while my parents are away in the Dominican Republic and we've had a blast! :D  Anyways, Carlos used to be very much into card making, but has slowly stopped creating, due to his busy schedule of physical therapy each week.   Since he doesn't use his brand new, good quality crafting supplies, he actually enjoys when I play with them...   I didn't get to post anything yesterday, as I usually do on Sundays, because Carlos, my aunt and I were out and about enjoying the beautiful weather, so now I am sharing this card.  I am also submitting this card to both The Ribbon Girl Color Challenge #19: Vintage - Pinks & Cream and Lawnscaping Challenge #34: Embossing--these are my 2nd entries to these challenges (Find the inspiration images for these challenges underneath).  To see my first entries to each of these challenges, click here and here.

Hope you like this card!  Enjoy the rest of your long weekend, otherwise, happy Monday and GOD's most bountiful blessings on YOU!!  XOXOXO

Love,

Gri








Supplies:
-Pattern paper and cream cardstock (punched scallop), card base (Hero Arts)
-Pearls
-Vellum paper
-Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)
-White embossing powder and VersaMark ink
-Music Notes background stamp
-Happy Birthday wood stamp from the Michaels $1 bin (sentiment)
-Ribbon and embroidery floss

6 comments:

Christiana said...

Very light and airy and girly. Love those butterflies. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Karen Petitt said...

love the colours - so beautifully feminine! gorgeous hugs Karen x

Ribbon Girl said...

A very pretty card Grisel - the butterflies are very delicate also - and how lucky are you using someone elses crafty stash! thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Pink and Cream colour challenge! Mary G x

Tamara said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping

Shaela said...

This is so pretty! I love the vellum butterflies :)

Anonymous said...

Another feminine card that I just love. Very pretty... <3