Friday, April 13, 2012

Embellish Color Challenge - Chevrons

Hello, my beautiful friends!

I'm back to play along in a new challenge!  This time I'm participating in the Embellish Magazine Blog's Chevrons Color Challenge.  It consists of using chevrons and the color palette chosen (inspiration photo of palette at the end of this post).  Chevrons is the new trend at the moment and I am LOVIN' it!  I don't have any chevron stamps, but I found a chevron pattern paper in my My Mind's Eye 6x6 designer paper pad... only problem? It's orange and therefore does not follow the color palette challenge down to the "T".  I decided to add it anyway and I must say, it doesn't look too bad (:  Check it out below:





To see the supply list, go ahead and scroll down to the very end of this post.  If you have any questions about my card, just leave me a comment or e-mail me.


Hope you have enjoyed this post... (: Thank you so much for stopping by. Looking forward to the next time.  Have a delightful & blessed Sabbath and weekend!

Hugs & kisses xoxoxo

Gri




Supply List:


  • PaperMy Mind's Eye "Fly A Kite" Lime Twist 6x6 designer paper pad (orange chevron) and "Victoria Garden" (grey design for paper piecing the tea pot & tea cups); Echo Park "Dots & Stripes" 6x6 designer paper pad in teal pastel (for paper piecing the dress); Solid card stock (purple and light pink) by Recollections; Vellum paper (dry embossed w/Cuttlebug using "Swiss Dots" folder.
  • MarkersMemento Arizone Canyons and Girls' Night Out collections (rich cocoa, desert sand, angel pink)
  • Embellish - Teal color ribbon by Celebration; Liquid Pearls in white opal
  • Stamps: "Tea Party" by My Cute Stamps; "My Cup of Tea" by Lawn Fawn
  • Tools: We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile corner chomper; Fiskars scallop border punch

4 comments:

Nina Yang said...

:) Embellish is on the Chevron Bandwagon! :) This tea party girl makes me smile - so cute! The sweet hearts tape was gone in 10 minutes:) I'm sure they will restock soon:)

gRiSeL™ said...

Isn't everyone on that Chevron Bandwagon?! HA! (: YES--this lil tea party girl is just too darn charming!! Wow, in 10 minutes!! Well, I shouldn't be surprised... it's super adorable, which is why I was there to pick it up! (: I hope it's really soon!! I'll have to fly through the buying process before someone else beats me to it! LOL!

Shaela said...

This is adorable!! I LOVE her paper pieced dress... and that darling teapot, hehehe. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is adorable, Grisel! The sentiment matches the darling image perfectly. And to answer your question about the mounting the image on a black mat, yes, that's what I did! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)