I am SO excited, yet again, to play along in a new challenge!!! :D This time it's called, Shades of Grey (PDCC #122). I've never participated in this one and I just heard about The Play Date Cafe for the first time, LAST NIGHT!
I have never done any color challenges, so when I saw this, I thought: "Wow, what gorgeous colors AND they're trendy indeed!". So I was up for the challenge. I'm havin' so much fun with all these super amazing blog challenges. I predict I'll be having a hard time going in to work on Monday... I'll be daydreaming of paper, ink, stamps, ribbon, etc., etc... [sigh] ♥ So, anyways, below are the challenge & card details. Also, be sure to check out what this week's sponsor, Simon Says Stamp is giving to the winner as well.
The Play Date Cafe's colors to use are:
Charcoal, Ash & Butter
And here is my card! :D
I am in love with how it turned out!!! Plus, I had a blast making it!!! :D I will be giving this card to Sonya White, the cooperating teacher whom I work with as part of my student teaching assignment. I only have 2 more weeks left with her before I begin my second placement. I will miss her immensely! I am thankful to her for her undivided support and encouragement, and grateful to GOD for allowing me to cross paths with her!!! What an amazing woman she is! (:
Okay, I won't keep you waiting any longer. Here are the materials I used to make this card:
- Pattern paper: Echo Park 6x6 Victoria Garden paper pad (I'm obsessed w/anything that has a music note theme!)
- Die Templates: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One Small
- Punch: Martha Stewart Royal Butterfly
- Embellishments: Rhinestones by studio-g; pearl by Recollections; ribbon by Michaels (from the dollar bin), satin, butter/yellow color.
- Embossing Powder: Can't remember the brand, but got it at Michaels a while ago--it was in a package of 5 different colored embossing powders, all for just .01¢ - Yes, that's right, you read correctly: ONE cent! (; [Shown in silver]
- Cardstock: Colorbök Deluxe Textured Cardstock Pad, "Earthtones".
- Adhesive: "The Craft Collection - Tombo" permanent tape runner; "Elmer's Glue" mini glue dots; Dimensional foam tape by "Recollections".
Hope you were inspired like all of you inspire ME daily!!! Blessings on you all!!! XOXOXOXO