Saturday, March 24, 2012

"Inspired By" Lawnscaping Challenge!!! :D

As you can all probably tell by now, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE inspiration challenges!!!  I thrive on them!!!!! HA! :D  As the title indicates, this one's another Lawnscaping Challenge.  It consists of creating a new project inspired by a fellow crafter and giving credit to the source of inspiration you use (you must link the source).


Browsing through some of the creations by other people, Diva Couture's tiny picture icon jumped at me and a little lightbulb turned on in my brain: "CONGRATS GRAD!"  For days, I've been wanting and thinking of making a card for one of my close friends, Carmen Ortiz, who will be graduating together with me in May!!!  She is such a special friend and I wanted to make sure I made her something as wonderful as she is--something classy, yet clean & simple (My fav styles!).   Anyways, here's a look at my card, and underneath it, please find the card that inspired me by Diva Couture (she was inspired by the very talented, Laurel Beard--one of my fav crafters, too!)


Card for my friend, Carmen Ortiz! (:


This card was so easy to make, especially since I already had a clear picture in my mind of exactly what I would be making and how.  


Supplies

  • Cardstock - black and white, as well as a folder silver card (all paper materials from Recollections).  
  • Wood Stamp - "Congrats sentiment w/graduation hat" from studio-g.  
  • Ink:  Versamark embossing ink 
  • Embossing powder - In silver (can't remember the brand, but got it at Michaels a while ago in a pack of 5 assorted colors - all five of them for .01 cent! (:





Now, here's a look at the inspiration card by Diva Couture:




Please, join us and play along in this fun Lawnscaping Challenge!!!  Can't wait to see you there!

No comments: