Saturday, March 24, 2012

5 Cards for $5 Challenge!!! (:

This has been such a FUN challenge!  I hope after checking it out, you are motivated to play along in this challenge over at Moxie Fab World.  Here's how it works:  You must create 5 different cards for just $5.  That means that all the materials you use to create your 5 cards need to add up to no more than $5 (think of it as a budget challenge lol).  Click here to go directly there and read the full instructions/requirements for this challenge.

Here are the 5 cards I created... all for under $5!!! (:





RECEIPT:







 

  • $ 0.78 -- Sakura white gel pen
  • $ 1.00 -- Mini color pencils w/sharpener
  • $ 0.07 -- One (1) sheet of white cardstock from Recollections
  • $ 1.50 -- Card base from Recollections: Christmas colors pk/24 on clearance (late Dec. 2011).
  • $ 0.96 -- Four different mini clear stamp sets (3 of the mini sets came w/rhinestones) from studio-g and Scrappy Cat.  They were marked at .49¢, but because they had been at the thrift shop for more than 11 days, they gave them to me for .24¢ each (Benton Harbor, MI over Thanksgiving break 2011)


Grand Total Spent: $4.31

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A whole set of colored pencil with sharpener for just $1? What a deal! And four beautiful stamp sets for 0.96? I need to find a thrift store close to home! LOL my favorite is the dragonfly card:) love all the colors! So springy!

gRiSeL™ said...

These were ALL a deal indeed! (: They are mini-color pencils (very tiny), and the quality isn't the best, but hey, trying out things is how you find out whether to buy them again or not. The stamps I am SO happy about, because the quality isn't Hero Arts by all means, but it gets the job done. I visited my brother back in November for Thanksgiving (he lives in Michigan) and we went to a thrift shop w/our parents. I would've never suspected to find anything to do w/crafting there, but that was MY treat!!! :D I ended up getting like 10 little sets and gave my cousin like 3 of the sets (which I'm sure he'll never use). I also picked up gorgeous pre-made invitations (formal looking) for $1... I thought of using that paper for the challenge, but then it would've been 5 invites and that's kinda monotonous... Anyways, thanks for the time to stop by and comment on my blog!!! Blessings on you!! (:

Cindy C. said...

Good job! These cards are cute, and you've sure found a great bargain on the supplies!

maria f. said...

Howdy, cool cards and I'm happy to hear MI helped you produce them :) I'm originally a Michigander.

Jessi Fogan said...

Now THOSE are deals! Holy cow! I love that you included pics of your supplies, and all the fun details of the cards :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Grisel! Thanks for linking this up to the 5 for $5 Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

gRiSeL™ said...

Thanks, Maria (: YEAY for being a Michigander!!! :D I did my undergrad in Michigan (Andrews University). Although the cold is crude and nasty, I can't help but miss that place--very much! Michiganders are wonderful people and Michigan summers are just gorgeous!! My brother moved back there about 4 years ago and I don't think he has any plans on ever leaving that place... (:

gRiSeL™ said...

Thank you so much for the kind words and for stopping by! (:

gRiSeL™ said...

Thank you, Cath! It was my pleasure--your challenges are SO fun!! Can't wait to participate again soon! (:

gRiSeL™ said...

Thank you, Cindy! I'm an overall bargain shopper--I don't have the luxury of splurging often. One day, though... and even THEN, I'll still enjoy the joys of hunting for those deals/bargains! (: