Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hero Arts March 2012A Color Palette Challenge!

Okay, so I am officially hooked on card challenges!!! :D  Hero Arts has some exciting month-long contests based upon different creative monthly themes and a featured technique.  I opted for the color challenge--I can't help it, I LOVE colors!!!  I guess it's the little artist in me... (;  [sigh]  You can choose a different technique challenge out of 3 choices.  So go ahead, hop on and get creating!!! Click here to be directed there.


This is the Color Palette to be used for this month's color challenge:


This is my card, shown at different angles and distances:


(Close-up of the sentiment)


(Close-up of the sun)

All the pattern paper you see here is from "My Mind's Eye" Lime Twist 6X6 designer paper pad.  LOVE me some happy clouds--they make me SMILE!!! :D

I used two different Hero Arts stamp sets on this card, since one of the requirements for this challenge was to use at least one HA stamp:  Simple Things (sentiment) and Happy Hello (peacock).  I stamped everything with Memento's "Tuxedo Black".  I also paper pieced the peacock--one of my favorite techniques, which I always have SO much fun doing!!!!!  (Kelly Marie got me hooked on this one also!)

To make the sun, I had to get creative and work with the paper punches I already own... a scalloped circle punch by EK Success and a circle punch by Uchida.  To add more character and make the sun seem more "happy" I went ahead and dotted around the circle w/a ZIG marker (in black) and drew tiny hearts w/the same marker where the scallops point in toward the center.  I also drew dots following along the scallops to tie in the same theme I had given the circle.  

I used a lot of dimensional foam adhesive to make the card come more alive!  I popped up the sun, as well as the background scene, which I mounted onto a beautiful pool color solid paper by Colorbök, and then I mounted the whole thing onto the kraft color card base (by Recollections).  To complete the card I added a green rhinestone for the peacock's eye (by studio-g) and added diamond stickles to the peacock's feathers and the dots on the sun.  I also used the stickles to outline the grass/ground in the scene... and voilà!

I just love how happy and sunshiney this card looks--it cheers me up!!! Plus, I love the sentiment--it bluntly describes my motto!!! YEAY!!  Hope you guys enjoyed this one as much as I did!!! (;

I'm off to prepare for my day tomorrow and also to head to bed soon.  Have a restful night's sleep!

No comments: