Sunday, June 1, 2014

VSC: Summer Fun!

Happy June, my beautiful friends!!!

I hope you're all doing well!  I just finished my first school year here in MD, and I can't believe I actually survived it!!! HA! Words can not express how good it feels to finally be on summer vacation!!! :D  Anyway, the reason I'm here today is because it's the 1st of June and that means a new challenge begins on the V's Sweet Challenge blog today--woohoo!!  The theme?  SUMMER FUN!!!  The sponsor for this month's challenge is the awesome "A Day For Daisies".  The winner of the challenge will receive a $12 gift card to A Day For Daisies' online shop! (:

For my "summer fun" card, I decided to use summer-y colors... all bright and warm shades!  I had been dying to try out a watercolor background--the types that Julie Ebersole and Laura make.  I am in love with how the card turned out!!!  I think I'm now hooked on making watercolor backgrounds and you'll be seeing more of these in the future!



For the focal sentiment on my card, I used the new Lawn Fawn die "scripty hello" and went over it with my Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (clear).  Then, I covered it with glossing accents, because I am obsessed with the trapped sparkle effect it creates.  I splattered some perfect pearls shimmery water for a more artistic look and feel.   I then thought I'd add the "friend" sentiment (gold embossing) underneath the "hello" die cut (LF stamp set #awesome).  I matted my watercolor paper panel onto a bright orange Hero Arts card stock, and then adhered that onto a lighter shade of orange card base (also from Hero Arts).  To finish off my card, I adhered a generous amount of sequins in varying sizes, mostly from V's Sweet Ideas and a few by Lawn Fawn... I was stoked with the outcome!!! :D

I hope I have inspired you to get crafty and play along in this month's fun summer theme!!!  Don't forget also to stop by the V's Sweet Challenge blog to check out more inspiration from the DT gals! (;  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  May the LORD richly bless!  'Til next time!!! XOXO

Love,
Gri

1 comment:

TenSGal said...

So pretty! Love your pretty watercolor background and you super shiny die cut. I am obsessed with sparkle, too!
Hope things are going well for you, girlie!

Susan