Monday, January 6, 2014

VSC #19: Anything Goes! (:

Hello, my lovelies!!!

It's time for a brand new "Anything Goes" themed challenge at V's Sweet Challenge!!!  Here's what I created:



I'm in love with how this card turned out!! *grin*  There's something magical about combining Hero Arts and Lawn Fawn!!! (;  It's a marriage made in crafting heaven!  I limited the colors I'd use to only three (3) of them, as I was trying to go for a more classy/chic look (less is more--no kiddin'!).  Those that know me well know that I'm a New Yorker, and a true one at heart--forever will be!  This is why I was so stoked to get this Hero Arts stamp, because it reminds me of the city life in New York.  Unfortunately, I hadn't gotten the chance to play w/this City Buildings stamp yet--with all the moving and hectic life I've been living... but I finally challenged myself to use it during this Christmas break.

I heat embossed the image in white.  I also used Lawn Fawn's hearts - lawn cuts to make a heart shaped window on the kraft panel.  Behind the heart window I added some turquoise sequins, which I got from the amazingly generous, Vanessa.  The beautiful turquoise pattern paper is also from Lawn Fawn, however, I purchased the paper from V's Sweet Ideas--ADORE!  I then die cut the ribbon ends label (by My Favorite Things) and stamped the sentiment from a discontinued company (Deasy Designs) using Hero Arts shadow ink in soft tide pool (lately I've been obsessing over this color!).  For the finishing touches I wrapped Papertrey Ink rustic twine in white to the label, and added a gemstone, which was clear, but colored using a Copic marker to match the turquoise color theme that was on the rest of the card.  And lastly, I drew white faux stitches to frame the panel and make it pop even more... I LOVE it!!! :D  I hope you do, too! (;

I hope I have inspired you to get crafty and play along with us on the V's Sweet Challenge blog this month!!!  Be sure to also swing by the blog to check out more inspiration from the beautiful creations my teammies have created (and to add your own link)!!!  Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous artwork!!!  Thank you SO much for stopping by today--it really brightens my day!  Have a fabulous day and may GOD richly bless!!!  Xoxoxo

Sincerely,
Gri

1 comment:

Barb Ghig said...

Hey there girlfriend! Oh, am I LOVING this card! What a fun idea to emboss the city scene with white on Kraft...I'm talking FABULOUS! And the pretty little heart window is genius, Grisel! One of these days, I have to CASE this card...it's just so cool!

I didn't know you were from New York :-) I grew up in Jersey City, so I really 'get' how much you must love and miss it! What a heartfelt, nostalgic card!!!