Friday, October 19, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside! (;

Welcome back, my lovelies! (:

I wasn't planning on posting for the second time today, but I got a chance to stop by my cousin's today to take pictures.  Anyways, it's The Play Date Cafe's 3rd Anniversary Celebration week and to join them in celebrating this exciting milestone, I decided to play along in their current/new challenge, #154. This week's color palette is: Flame, Grape and Mulberry.  I also wanted to combine this challenge with Lawnscaping's current challenge--try a new technique!   Below, please find both the inspiration image and the badge for each challenge...



And here is my take on both challenges! (:













First, I started out by stamping the trees/branches with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  After white embossing the snowflakes (large ones are from Hero Arts, smaller ones are from Lawn Fawn's "Frosty Friends"), I decided to create a window scene, which is a technique I had been dying to try out ever since I watched a great tutorial by GinaK from StampTV--SO fun!   I also decided to try out the emboss resist technique by using distress inks in the tones of the color palette provided by the PDCC (Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass).   I then die-cut a small circle (from Spellbinders), colored it by mixing "Fired Brick" and "Spiced Marmalade" distress inks to create a sun.   I couldn't decide what sentiment should accompany this scene... I began contemplating the lil' scene and it reminded me of a very COLD winter!  Immediately, the song "Baby, it's cold outside..." popped into my head (:  So, I grabbed my Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC's stamp set to create my own sentiment.  I LOVE it!!! :D  I also added glitter (by Martha Stewart) along the edge of the snow bank and to most of the snowflakes.  Then, decided to add even more glitz by adhering a rhinestone to the center of the larger snowflakes.   The picture doesn't do this card any justice... You have to see it in person to appreciate how glittery and beautiful it looks!!!  I already know who I'm sending this card to, too... (;  He happens to LOVE this song as much as I do--HA!  It'll be a nice surprise when he gets it! (:

Well, friends, thank you once again for stopping by!  As always, I greatly appreciate your sweet comments--they never fail to put a BIG smile on my face! (:  Thank you for the amazing encouragement and support you all offer me!!!  Have a blessed and crafty day!!!  'Til Next time!  Xoxo
Love,

Gri

12 comments:

Donna B. said...

Beautiful card! I love the trees in the snow through the window! I was thinking of doing inchies for that challenge - now you've inspired me! Thanks so much for playing at The Play Date Cafe on our 3rd Anniversary week!

Migdalia said...

OWO!!Perfect!Perfect!Perfect!Gorgeous Card!TFS

Yainea said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the color of your winter scene, that sky is so so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us on Lawnscaping challenges!! :)

Laurel Beard said...

Wow, your window scene is gorgeous! GORGEOUS! And I am loving the color palette and all the fun sparkly for the heat embossing! Great job!!!

So glad you joined us Lawnscaping gals for our technique challenge!!!!

MS said...

LOVE those colors, so pretty!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wowwy wow! You go girl!!! This card rocks and I am so going to watch that tutorial now! I love this card and the way the sun really pops! Awesome job my friend!!!
Lisa

Rachel said...

this is a beautiful card, and such a peaceful little window scene. such talented use of the color story and LF challenge! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

{Chrissie} said...

I just love that window scene! Wow, is is an awesome card! Thanks for playing along at Lawnscaping!

~amy~ said...

Your window scene is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Oh this is just adorable! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe during our 3rd Anniversary Celebrations!!

Joe Shien Shien said...

Love the window scene on your card! And those snowflakes are just remind me of watching my first winter behind the window. Thank you for playing at Lawnscaping

Elena said...

oh wow! this is so beautiful! thanks for linking it up to our lawnscaping challenge!