Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Flying By...

Hello, my beautiful friends!

Thought I'd stop by and post a little something for you in the middle of the week.  I was hoping to craft again tonight after I got home from babysitting, but the truth is, I'm exhausted!  I've been waking up super early AND going to bed late each night, because I'm crafting cards every moment I get, that way I can sell as many possible on my Etsy shop.  When you have a moment, click on the previous link or here and go check out some of the new cards I've recently listed for sale on there!

I am dying to show you what else I've been up to! (;  I've created some new Thank You cards that I can't wait to share with you all--soon!  I've created these in really fun FALL colors that I am absolutely LOVIN'!!!  I've also been making TONS of Christmas cards... I kid you not, by the time Christmas comes, I won't want to see another Christmas card in a long time!!!  HA!  And still, I need and want to create some new Christmas designs so that I can offer more variety to my customers (:  I will also be listing more of those soon on Etsy...

Anyways, I wanted to share with you guys a card I created with a fun Lawn Fawn set that I am simply in love with at the moment: "Flying By".

Here's the card

To create the sun (from "Sunny Skies" by Lawn Fawn), I used a really fun technique I recently learned from Mariana Grigsby, where you turn your stamp over to the solid side and ink it.  After stamping it onto paper, you flip it over to the correct side and stamp the image over the first one you stamped...  And voilà!  You've got yourself a colored image--and a groovy one may I add! (;  Click here to watch the video tutorial!

I also used the two different size clouds from the "Sunny Skies" set and VersaMark ink to create my own background.  Then, I paper-pieced the paper airplanes and only pop-dotted one of them as well as the sentiment banner.  I had a lot of fun creating this card!!!

Hope I have inspired you to get crafty tonight!  As always, thanks for taking the time to stop by and leaving your encouraging and sweet comments--reading them is always a delight!   I will see you all back here on Sunday, God willing!  Have a blessed rest of the week.    Xoxo

Love,

Gri

No comments: