About 3 weeks ago, I began to arduously research and do my homework on a number of things related to starting my own business. After consulting with God about various plans, one of the decisions I made was to take some risks. So far, no regrets and I feel like I should've done this long ago, which leads me to believe that the Lord is behind me in all this. So today, I am here to present to you my first adventure... Etsy! I opened my own shop on Etsy where I will be selling some of my cards. I know most of you are crafters and find it pointless to buy someone else's cards, when you can make them yourselves, but there is one way you can help this fellow crafter out. If you would be kind enough to help me spread the word to your friends and loved ones, I would be beyond grateful to you!!! Please check out my Etsy shop!
I am SO excited about this! And I'd like to give a shout-out to a few people who have been extremely supportive and key in this dream becoming a reality...
- Vanessa Vergara from V's Sweet Ideas for promoting my Etsy shop and giving me the honor of being part of her challenge blog's Design Team! I am also thankful for the priceless information and advice she shares with me on a constant!! She's a sweet, sincere and über talented business woman! Please, take time out to visit both her online shop and challenge blog! She's an amazing business woman--one I look up to!
- Jaime Jorge for his business savvy advice, suggestions and support--what a brilliant man! In case you don't know who he is, you haven't heard a violinist until you've heard Jaime Jorge--in a nutshell! Click on his name above to check out his page and learn all about his music, discography and ministry.
- Anh Pham for encouraging me and actually regarding me as an artist. I'm thankful to him also for all the wise advice he genuinely offers!
- Milton Gonzalez for always being the #1 supporter of all the things I most love and am passionate about. I thank him for believing in me, sometimes more than I believe in myself! I thank him for the awesome help he's been to me lately and for encouraging me and helping me stay grounded.
- Fede Silie for uplifting me with his words just when I most need them and for sparking in me the idea of getting this business started!
- My brother David Blanco for being my best critic, while admiring my creative skills. For linking me to his best resources and for his awesome advice regarding design, photography and blogging!
- I am tremendously grateful to my loving cousin, Carlos Mieses who's my right hand and partner in crime. His enthusiasm toward my cards uplifts my spirits. He's also the one who takes the time to photograph and edit all those outstanding shots you see of my cards on the blog. He speaks so highly about my work to others and often goes out of his way to make my work shine even more!!! I couldn't ask for a better cousin--I'm such a lucky girl!!! (;
- Last, but certainly not least, words can not express my gratitude to My Creator, Savior and Boss--GOD!!! Without Him, none of this could be possible. He's the Artist of artists and has lend me His talent so that I may use it to honor and glorify His Name. Hence, I am compelled to give it ALL back to HIM!!! ♥
There are SO many others who have also demonstrated their encouragement and support, one way or another, in this new business venture... My parents, Arnaldo Contreras, Lenny, Eva, Iris, Gladys, Ivonne, Isis, Kelly Marie, Laurel... the list goes on and on! I am forever grateful to all of you. Having you in my life is my wealth! I couldn't be happier right now... and to think that this is only the beginning... The BEST is yet to come! Praise GOD!!!
Please excuse the lonnnnnnnng post today, but I just HAD to express my gratitude and share the exciting things happening in my life at the moment. For those of you who stuck by to read 'til the end, THANK YOU and may the LORD make His face shine upon you!!!
I'd like to end by sharing a pop-up card entirely inspired by Darlene from DarleneDesign.Com... Enjoy! (: