Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tuesday Trigger: Simple Elegance! ♥

Good morning, my beautiful friends!


It's a cloudy  early Sunday morning and I've been itching to get craftin' again!!!  I'm telling you, once I start, there is no stopping--I'm on creative mode!!!


So this challenge is also from Moxie Fab World and apparently they have many different types of challenges on there (I plan on taking a look at all their other challenges later).  This specific Tuesday Trigger challenge, "Simple Elegance" is due today! If you don't have time to experiment today, perhaps you'll find time during the week, as this challenge is a weekly one and begins, as you can imagine, every Tuesday! (;


Here's the inspiration picture:


And here is my card:


I don't know how many of you I've mentioned this to, but in case you didn't know, last week I learned how to make rolled up paper rosettes!!!  Now I can't stop making them!!!! HA! (:


I used different color solid cardstock paper from Recollections and puched out many scallop circles in different tones of pink and cream (I was mostly inspired by the intense pink in the tulips and the soft pink throw in the picture).  Upon punching the scallop circles, I inked up the edges using distress inks in vintage photo and antique linen (my new favorite color).  I also stamped the sentiment in antique linen to go with the edges of some of the roses, and also to match the look of the inspiration photo.  I then stamped the Hero Arts "flourish heart" wood stamp onto white cardstock and heat embossed it using gold glitter embossing powder.  It was hard to see when everything was completely embossed, so I accidentally rubbed the left side of the image and ruined it ):  I didn't want to waste the piece of paper, so this is when I decided to glue on the rosettes and form a "heart" in order to cover the mess I made lol  


I'm thinking of adding pearls to the rosettes, but for the purpose of this challenge (and due to lack of time), I'll leave it as is--I'm dying to submit it already.  Maybe I'll post a picture of the pearls I'll add on the rosettes later this week, that way you can see the finished product (:


In the meantime, enjoy and if you have any questions about how I made this or about any of the supplies I used, just shoot me an e-mail or leave me a comment.  


Enjoy the rest of your weekend and GOD's most bountiful blessings be poured down on all of you!


Grisel

2 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

THANKS for sharing!! I LOVE the fun flowers that you made!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Grisel! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)