Friday, March 16, 2012

H-E-Y: A card for Anh (:

A few weeks back I learned how to make pinwheels with Chari Moss!!!  Ever since, I've been hooked on them and can't seem to stop making them!!  I decided to use the very first pinwheel I made and put it on a card for a male friend (since it has blue on it).  


Anh is someone who has been very supportive of me... through fervent prayer, wise/spiritual counsel AND his kind words, complimenting me on my card making abilities!  Sending a BIG shout out to Anh Pham--YIPPEE!!! (:  I'll be sending out this card to him.  It's my most masculine card at the moment, since my cards usually look more girly than anything else lol.  Anyhow, I'm hoping he'll enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed making it!!!


Here it is...









Materials & Procedure:


For the card base, I used a Recollections cardstock in kraft color.  I already had an idea of how I was going to make it, from the Lawn Fawn sketch that Chari Moss created a couple of weeks ago.  I punched out the yellow pattern paper with Martha Stewart's "doily lace" border punch.  Instead of stamping a sentiment, I decided to take out the white, glitter chipboard letters (got at Michaels a while ago) and put them to use--finally! (:  


I then used a Sakura white gel pen (my fave white pen) to add some faux stitching around the upper frame.  The yellow button is from Michaels--the dollar bin.  Pattern paper: My Mind's Eye and K Company 12x12 designer paper pad.


Stay tuned for the 3rd and final card I'll be posting shorty! (;

No comments: